Motiv Octane Carbon
The Octane Carbon from Motiv was designed for light to medium oil lanes and offers length with a continuous backend motion. This ball has the Agitator MXR (MaXimum energy Retention) Pearl Reactive coverstock and is finished with a 5500 grit LSP. The Injector core has a higher RG which helps the ball go further down the lane before breaking and the coverstock helps retain the balls energy. The core utilizes a dual-density design along with a moderate differential to produce a responsive backend reaction. Bottom line is that the Red Fire Pearl Octane Carbon creates easy length down the lane with continuous backend motion that powers through the pin deck.
- Color: Red Fire Pearl (Black/Orange Pearl NeoMark) All colors do vary somewhat from the picture shown.
- Core: Injector
- Coverstock: Agitator MXR Pearl
- Finish: 5500-grit LSP
- RG: 2.56 (15# ball)
- Differential: 0.042 (15# ball)
- Reaction: Length with strong backend
- Recommended Lane Condition: Light to Medium Oil
- A few tiny pit holes in the cover stock of the ball are normal
- SKU: TLMTVBOCROP
- Product ID: 10482
- Brand: Motiv
- Category: Bowling Balls
- Ball Performance: Upper Mid-Performance Balls
By Adam Chase from North Babylon, NY
Continuous, Great pin carry, Great shelf appeal
House Patterns, Medium oil sport patterns
Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
Best Octane Yet
Compared to the octane burn, the carbon has much better continuation and can blend the lanes out more. This ball is absolutely fantastic on medium oil conditions. In fact, I already have a 300 game with it in its first week of use. Compared to the paranoia, the carbon has a more continuous shape while still storing enough energy and angle to go through the pins strong.